Friday, December 2, 2011

CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR DISPLAY

I decided this year I needed to add some height to my craft fair table display. I always look and see if I can adapt or alter something handy from around the house before I look in the shops. I get a great kick out of using something a little bit wacky but fun.  These two little stands are treasured by me for growing vegetables or sweet peas in the summer. I have had them for years and I get a great kick out of training little plants up them. They were a bit dishevelled and worn but loved all the same.  That was until I decided to give them a winter makeover.

I first removed the old and worn wicker, then washed and repainted, then added two fabric baskets. The photo below just shows one of the finished frames in a mock up preparation for the fair at home.
They were a great hit with the fair visitors. They loved them.  Displaying items at eye level was a great success. Every item I displayed on them sold out. What more could I ask for ? The above picture shows the three stages. Don't worry they will be out in the garden again come the Spring.

3 comments:

  1. Your wreaths are pretty are they burlap? Also your stands was a little hard to see you made them to display the wreaths did you sell them as well? Craft shows in my town are terrible not even bothering this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab idea, Anne - and they look soooo festive, don't they!! Love the wreaths. How did the second fair go?

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stand looked fab! The best at the fair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...